View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 10:49 AM   #1
emre35
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz CLS 350d C257

Confused between 740d, S450 and X7

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well. This is my first time in BMW forum and I need your advices regarding to my new car purchase.

I recently have a 2018(I assume 2019 in US) Mercedes CLS 350d and after more than 5 years of ownership I am looking for a new car. Initially I was only considering to buy Mercedes S Class probably a S 450 with petrol engine. It was definitely my dream and I have only owned Mercedes's for my all life. However, many new Mercedes owners aren't happy with their experiences and that creates lots of doubts in my mind. For that reason, I am also considering 740d and X7 40d too and I like them very much. In fact, I have just seen one 740d of a car rental company and i found it really charming. Also, when I checked the Bimmerpost forum, I see considerably less complaints on 7 series. I also had a chance to observe a fully loaded 740d in a dealer on Cologne and it seems to have better built and material quality than w223 S-Class. Also X7 has the same aspects just mentioned too. In the contrary I saw lots of cheap hard plastic in GLS (just writing to compare).

For that reason, may I ask how are or was your experiences with 7 series and would you recommend it? Your car don't necessarily need to be an 740d and any comments on G70 7 series to make up my mind will be greatly appreciated.

Wish you a nice day
Appreciate 0