View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 10:39 PM   #4
gizmo32
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 audi s4

its an amazing car im so impressed!

just picked up a g11 16 750i drove 1100kms yesterday to drive it home from vancouver, it was the most comfortable drive through the mountains ever!

I did my research on it most of the 750i i looked all all had upated coolant lines on top of the engine, including this one, i bought this one was blacked out everything on it including factory wheels from factory.

It is going for a inspection tomorrow at the local BMW dealership here so i can get it registered where i live as car was from a different province and have couple issues thats going to need to be fixed. I do my own oil changes but this time let dealer put some 5w30 penzoil euro in it i bought on sale few weeks ago, also going to put two bottles of liquimolly ceratec every oil change.

car currently in drivetrain malfunction mode with p0022 code (literally happened after driving one way 10km back to hotel, on my test drive before taking delivery everything was fine) , engine runs smooth as butter idles new just that stubborn code is there, was kinda bummed out when car’s speed goes above 100km/hr safemode prevents HP capped half what it is whole way in moutains can only drive 120km/hr max acceleration was awfully slow after 100km/hr, not a soul on the road was really hoping to enjoy the open mountain roads, will have to replace the cam solenoid and also i noted before taking delivery passenger door front soft close motor anytime door closes the motor is in loop for a minute trying to soft close it…annoying! other than that its an awesome car. interior is quiet no creaks or anything conditon still new even with 105,000kms.

Had BMW dealer replace both batteries and put on a new set michelin as3+ with four wheel alignment…and a 50% discount for all of this to be done. before i took delivery.

Also purchased the ‘New BMW Canada extended warranty’ it was confusing for a week for them to explain its third party but isnt third party as BMW has their brand on top but is run by a third party company…oh boy.

The soft close door issue will be paid for by the bmw dealership i bought from the drivetrain code issue will also be paid…if its a major issue, if its minor which im expecting it to be happily pay few hundred dollars to fix, we’ll see how this goes tomorrow

Peace of mind knowing have the warranty (some sarcasam) have 30 days to cancel the warranty.

you will love it although g12 is LWB so you will feel the weight more. I really say before you sign off on it do a long test drive get car operating temp put it in sport mode do a couple pulls, did a few pulls then the code came on, was interminataly clearing it self and coming back after every other startup i did in vancouver for few days i was there, drive it home now its always on.
Appreciate 2