Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
yeah I thought most of them didn't fit the theme but that's my opinion. While I'm not claiming to be an expert or think I know it all, I'm going to be very straight forward here. Again it's MY opinion so please take it with a grain of salt and no hard feelings.

Dcstep's picture- I tried to think of it as a light and darkness picture but saw like 95% light so that didn't work. If it's about contrasting lines then I didn't see that either. It was a picture of cloud formations so I'm not sure where the contrast was in that. There were so apparent lines and what not. If I was going for lines I would take a picture of one of those swirly candy lollipop and put it up next to a rail road track. That would have been contrast.

Udubdager- I didn't get how that picture fit the theme. I mean where was the contrast? The light and darkness? The lines? I just thought it looked more like a snap shot than a "photograph". I mean in that sense I could have took a picture of anything and say that it has contrast. Like DC's picture, I wasn't sure where I was supposed to look at to find the contrast. It all seemed too busy.

BillLee- I guess that kinda fits the theme but I didn't feel like it did. I think the contrast should be apparent. So if you're going to do light and darkness perhaps take a picture of a dark room with the door opened half way. Thus all you see is some light coming in while the rest is darkness. That would also provide the cut off/shapes/forms/etc. and would make it more "apparent".

I voted for the other 3 pictures because they were all similar. However, I only felt one fitted the theme more than the other 2. I mean I've had shots where only the subject was lit while the background was completely black but IMO that's not contrast. Contrast should be something like: curves vs straight lines, big vs small, modern vs classy, etc.

Overall I thought it was a great theme but it was short lived so we didn't get as many entries this time around. I wish it was extended another week or so to get a few more entries in but it's not my contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post

I think Udub's was hot/cold.
ding ding ding! Winner

mine was hot and cold... cyan colored photo and a warm orange fire. thought that would be pretty obvious.

thats also what i took DC's photo to be (like warm and cold fronts) but light and dark woulda worked too.
Appreciate 0