View Single Post
      03-01-2022, 06:47 AM   #1
mm_uk
Registered
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan Turbo

Hi everyone, my first post here.
I'm in the market for a used 750i, I've decided this is the model I want to get – the largest engine I can get in a 7 series without it being long-wheelbase, which would be a pain to drive around city and park, at least here where I live (UK). I test drove a 2021 car yesterday (740Li) and loved it.

I'll buy a used car. There are plenty of pre-facelift 2017/18 cars on the market which seem fine to me. I quite like the idea of getting a 4 year old car for 35-40% of what it cost new. The alternative would be a 2020 car, which I can also consider.
In terms of differences between pre- and post-facelift models
Will 2018 car come with Apple CarPlay? This is kind of crucial for me. What about Android?
Any other driver convenience or interior bits which might be missing in the 2018 car?
Engine start-stop. I always find it very annoying and turn if off with a single button in my 2018 Macan. The 2021 car I test drove required going through menus on the touchscreen to turn it off. Is that also the case in pre-facelift cars?
xDrive vs RWD. xDrive is only available on the 750i from 2019. I guess it'd be nice to have for wet/slippery roads, and for that little bit extra acceleration. Has anyone driven both RWD and xDrive cars?
Anything else I might be missing?
Appreciate 0