AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markr View Post
Might be worth double checking, as the app has the ability to wake the car and do things, such as the 3D live camera view etc - I thought the locate vehicle was live too, as I have just done mine and is is reporting current date and time - and I am in a different country to the car at present and have been for a couple of weeks.
If you are looking for a way to track the car while it is moving you will need something other than BMW connected. Moreover, while the app can wake the car and can locate where it was last stopped, it can only do so where is a decent cell signal. I have a house that in a dead areas as far as cell signals go and if I drive into my garage and lock the car, the BMW app will show the last location where it was parked before the home location. I think based on what I have seem "stopped" for purposes of the app means the engine has been turned off for at a few minutes.
Appreciate 0