View Single Post
      05-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #25
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbravo33 View Post
Great review and couldn't agree more. I had a Phoenix yellow E46 M3 from 2001-2007. I knew the car was special but up until 2 weeks ago it really dawned on me 12 years later exactly how special. Prior to that an E36 4 door. Post E46 CLS 55, E92 briefly, and up until last week a F83. Ive been telling everyone since I got the f83 (last May) that I enjoyed the e46 better IMO. I just couldn't put my finger why since it had been so long that I drove it. Sat in my first Porsche 2 weeks ago a manual 991.2 and took it for a test drive. I was blown away and immediately remembered exactly what I was missing and what was so so special about the E46. I'm not comparing a 991.2 to an E46 by any means but when it comes to pure driving fun, and being in something that's so perfectly balanced with power and weight it's a totally different animal then let's say my F83. I feel as if the new M's have too much power for the chassis. Especially with a tune that I had.

I can drive make no mistake about it but I never felt 100% confident with the F83. The E46 wasn't nearly as fast but man I felt I was one with the car. the high revs, manual gearbox and natural aspirated motor that's what I was missing! I don't want the fastest car with the biggest supercharger and turbos and tunes. I want the car that makes me feel as if I'm driving it and it's not driving me. Needless to say I picked up the 991.2 GT3 last week and it feels like 2001 all over again. I've been an M fanatic all of my life and IMO the e46 was the last of them.
Great write up!

I knew a guy that had 2006 M3;
That thing was solid! It put my eyes back on the M3. I'll never forget the first time I saw a blood red 1986 M3. SMH I was totally amazed.

Also agree the e46 is timeless. Also agree the F80 has more power than suspension ability. Add insult to injury I'm running high performance all season Continental DWS 06. While perfect for my gti they are a bit overwhelmed by the F80.

Back on topic; great write up and the car looks outstanding!
Appreciate 2
Jbravo33185.50
GolfR17157.50