View Single Post
      03-07-2024, 08:36 PM   #48
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
This is 100% where I fear we are headed. I have voiced this to her as well. She is one of the most fun people I have ever been with. Literally everyone she meets loves her. So sweet, considerate, and forgiving. Both her oldest daughters are doing fantastic. One is a jr in college and has ALWAYS worked and made/saved $. Her oldest is in her 2nd year of dental school and doing very well - both great students and I have relationships with them outside of their mother. Literally have zero concerns there.

Her son though - is the issue. An I fear he will be the reason we break up like you had too, which would be a shame. But I am not signing up for a lifetime of that. I see him getting kicked out of college soon and moving in with mom - even though she tells me that is not happening ever. I'd bet every cent I have on it though.

Sucks.
It's called being co-dependent. I use to be that way and still struggle with it but mental health treatment has helped immensely. I'm betting she rarely says no to anyone, that's why everyone "loves" her. She isn't going to solve this issue because of that condition and will need counseling. It will be in your long term interest to help her through this.
Appreciate 0