View Single Post
      01-22-2023, 02:19 PM   #10
LuckyW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by figobmw View Post
I'm entertaining the idea of getting a 2019 740i (choose it because it's the cheapest CPO year plus I fall in love with 16-19 design which has smaller grille

Saw some come with the rear luxury pack, which means back two main seats can individually recline and comes with the tablet control. It's different from lounge pkg since lounge pkg loses the middle seat in back. I have two young kids so definitely need all the seats in back.

Test drove it and even tried out putting car seat there. The recline doesn't work well with the center car seat in place but I think a different car seat may work better.

So is the rear pkg a nice to have? Would you recommend? Feel like without it the enormous legroom is a bit wasted since you can't lay more flat. Meanwhile, i see most 740 doesn't come with it. Wonder why. Maybe fleet use doesn't care?

An extended question is whether 7 series will make a great family car. I have a 2022 X5 45e already so half foot into the EV world. I look at all the luxury brands out there and don't find something more luxurious roomy while sporty like the 7 in the sedan world.
I also have a full package when it comes to seat comfort and like you, I was only interested in the option with three seats. Since buying my 740d xdrive and making an engine map that increased the car's potential to over 400bhp. My interest fell as if I had a miss world wife, so other women do not exist for me. I went a little crazy with this comparison but it's probably the most accurate comparison that I'm fully in love with my 7-series. (there was no sex yet) -

PS,- The only thing that fucked me up is that people think when you drive a 7-series, money just flows out of my ass and whatever you want to do in the car is a special queue with especially fucking high prices. Thank God I have some DIY talent, otherwise I think I would have to look for people willing to buy my kidney or other offal, because everything for this car is so expensive as if it was made outta panda.

Last edited by LuckyW; 01-22-2023 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0