View Single Post
      05-25-2022, 08:08 AM   #19
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
I’m a big Frank fan and mostly agree with him here. I think the X7 wears this face a lot better than the 7 does. And it only really works in either a really dark color or a super high contrast color combination (white/black).

For those who still won’t shut up about the G8x. It doesn’t matter if your sisters friend cousins brother thinks it’s ugly. And You think it’s ugly. And your grandma and her retirement home friends think it’s ugly. Apparently they were never BMW buyers because the G8X is the best selling //M of all time. And that’s record breaking units delivered to customers. Yes, individual units (not total dollar count for haters pointing to COVID markup). That’s in spite of supply shortages and price markups. At this point in the F80 life cycle I got an offer for 14% off MSRP. Others were getting more.

The bean counters at BMW know what’s up. The executives are chalking it up as validation of the designers work. In the end BMW is out to make money with controversial conversation generating designs, not to satisfy your longing for new e30.
That is a fallacy of false analogy. First of all, 5 years ago all cars had huge discounts, some as high as 20%. In the current market, BMW is actually 1 of very few giving a discount. Most cars currently have a huge mark-up. Even KIA's a going for $5-$10k over MSRP. If you think differently you haven't been shopping.

Finally, the bean counters don't know a damn thing about marketing. With a nice looking grill instead of that pig faced snout the G8x would've broken all records a long time ago and there would be $10-$20k markups on it.
Appreciate 2
Teutonic2706.00
Swappy531.50