01-30-2023, 04:36 AM   #1596
GeniusAdam
BMW Genius
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
To be completely honest, now that I've had time to dig into this, I don't fully understand what's happening anymore.

I've posted this to the thread that just got spun off based on that one comment:

BMW is taking away the "Individual Composition" option for all M3s and M4s as of 7/1/23. For good, LCI included. I have no idea how this option is used. It's not something you check the box for when ordering, it's not an option I see on existing cars with individual paints and other individual things, but it could be a hidden requirement for them. Or maybe it's nothing. Maybe someone with access to the actual dealership ordering tool can look into this and explain.

Unfortunately it dropped straight onto the front page - meaning the beast has escaped and is about to start making rounds on the internets.

This will teach me to do quick updates while on the run.
"Individual Composition" (XC4) is equipment package for paint, leather and trim from Individual Collection. So if they are taking away this, that doesn't necessarily mean no SA490 paint for example. Not mentioning that M3 CS, which was just released, will have Individual Paint options to choose from.
Appreciate 1