View Single Post
      01-30-2023, 11:43 PM   #17
Gadgetluva
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Pretty big difference between a Model S Plaid and the Model Y the OP is asking about...the Model 3/Y are shit boxes inside and out (yes I've driven the "refresh". It doesn't hold a candle to a BMW interior/exterior quality). Tech is questionable as well. I'd take ID7 over the do everything screen in the M3/Y. And what about safety?
Even the refreshed S and X suffer from extremely poor build quality. I test drive a new S and X over the weekend since I haven’t had the chance to do so on the refreshed models, and have been contemplating a Model S.

Within minutes of driving the X, I knew it wouldn’t compare to my X5. Loved the various features on the Tesla, but the Falcon Door wasn’t working because it needed recalibration, and the build quality was so poor that I kept having to check behind me to make sure that the doors weren’t open. The amount of creaks, rattles, and other build quality issues were a big turnoff.

I thought it I might just be a bad vehicle, and test drove the S next. Although build quality was a bit better, it still had noticeable creaks and rattles all over. I definitely preferred the S to the X, but any thought I had to buy one of these two models went out the window after this test drive.

These cars cost $100k or more - and from what the SC folks told me, it wasn’t a rare outcome to get a car with creaks and rattles. Love the tech and power train, but man…that build quality.
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5201.00
Vivek.1365.00