Jayden_F87
'20 M2 Comp.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition DCT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
I'ver seen really good looking recoloring of older/classic Mercedes leather interiors with the Leatherique system.
However on my newer Mercedes the Leatherique products seem to sticky-fi the Sensatec (MB-Tex) center arm rest and I could never get it back to normal thought it didn't have the same effect on the Sensatec seats I'm not sure the Leathrique was kind to the seat stitching. But this was just my observation and maybe I did something wrong etcetera. Maybe it was skin oil and I used my armrest often so be aware. Also I wished I had just used water on my Mercedes steering wheel and not Leatherique, maybe my imagination but the Leatherique seem to change the feel of the leather steering wheel.

I think the BMW steering wheel is made to be cleaned with water. The steering wheel covering does seem to have some almost magical repair formulation. An item like a steering wheel that when the oil and abrasiveness of your skin smooth the surface that is what is meant to occur. Attempting aggressively or incorrectly to bring the steering wheel back to brand new condition I don't think is worthwhile.

No matter what the product test on the back less seen part of the item at first.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I’ll try cleaning the steering again in a warmer climate with water first before trying something else.

IG: @porky_m2c
Appreciate 0