Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2022 Z4 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
I've driven in Germany several times, mainly Frankfurt to Nurburgring and back on 4 separate occasions.

The biggest disappointment in Germany second only to the inedible food is the autobahn. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I found their left-lane etiquette only slightly better than here in CA. It was nothing close to the way the internet makes it out to be. I'd often find myself parked behind a basic BMW or Audi for a good 30-seconds at <180 KPH in the unlimited secions, which would only be unlimited for a short time anyway, followed by endless construction zones.
Bummed your experiences didn’t meet expectations. I’m going on three years living in Bavaria (near the A93/A6 interchange) and I’m in a driver’s paradise, even in the dead of winter now.

I think Autobahn experiences certainly will vary depending on where and when you travel. Mostly empty, unrestricted Autobahn are a part of my daily commute. It’s a thing of beauty. Becomes a very different story as you approach the major metro corridors.
Appreciate 1