Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekpro007 View Post
Wow very beautiful cars! I love the M850. Your Colorado trip looks amazing. Coming from Nashville, wouldn't it be better to go across Monarch Pass and skip Durango?

I was thinking going from Colorado Springs ->HWY 24 -> Buena Vista -> Monarch Pass -> Back Canyon Nation Park -> Grand Mesa -> Salt Lake City -> Boise -> Seattle. I have been to Moab multiple times and seen arches, so I think I might skip that. I haven't been further east of Moab though.
I would be going in the first week of April. I don't mind cold, but I was hoping it would be sunny at least. What do you think?

I took Hwy 50 to Montrose (we skipped Buena Vista and went down to Royal Gorge from CO Springs. A 30 mile side trip up to Crested Butte out of Gunnison on Hwy 50 wouldn't kill anyone either ). I said Durango because you really shouldn't miss Hwy 550 north, back to Montrose. The map below is the San Juan Skyway. It would take an extra day, but if you went counter clockwise you could see Telluride, Mesa Verde and then north up 550 back to Montrose. Really something. Gotta be one of the most scenic stretches of road in the country.
Name:  San Juan Skyway.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  326.9 KB

At the very least, run down to Telluride then back to Ourey and go down 550 as far as Silverton before turning back. You won't be disappointed. But, mid-April may just be a little early for the passes.

If you are firm on the dates, Badlands and Mt Rushmore might be your best option.
Appreciate 0