View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #24
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I am using RoboKiller (paid), Hiya (free), and the Verizon robocall blocker app (paid) all stacked on my iPhone. Even then, a call sneaks past every few days.

Anyone seeing lots of calls slip past from their home area code and exchange (three digits of phone number) should check the settings in their app for "neighbor spam" blocking. It is so common that many of the apps have different handling settings for "neighbor spam" numbers versus other numbers, and the default in some of them is to let neighbor spam pass unless you change the setting.

My best solution using available options today is stacking all of the above apps on top of the iOS "do not disturb" feature, with the exception for letting people in your address book through. All of your other apps will also be blocked from sending alerts to you, but an Apple Watch can have its per-app notification settings changed for whether it passes each app's notifications through to the Watch or blocks them per the phone's do not disturb feature.....
Appreciate 0