Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnook123 View Post
It's interesting and somewhat comical to see the reaction of some to this change. So BMW changes CPO from 2yr/50K to 1yr/unlimited. That's only a difference of 1 year warranty. I might be in the minority, but I find it puzzling that 1 year of warranty would be enough to make one switch from BMW to another car maker. Yes, BMW's can be expensive to repair, but if you're so worried about that, you should probably be driving a Honda or Toyota anyways. I drive a BMW 528i because I LOVE the car, not because they gave me an extra year of warranty. Actually, I bought a non-CPO for much cheaper and purchased 3rd party warranty through Route 66. Just as good of warranty and it's covered for longer than CPO would have been. And by the way, it paid for itself already. (can you say N20 timing chain?)

Not trying to offend, just trying to inject some practicality. Yes, BMW is cutting costs. As is every other car maker out there. And by the way, have you driven a 320i? I'm more upset with how BMW has cheapened the interiors of these cars.

Here's my trick; I own a BMW car AND I own stock in BMW. As they cut costs to increase profits, the value of my car might go down, but the value of my stock goes up!!! It's a win win.... Relax and enjoy the ride....
It's not just the reduction in CPO warranty. It's the combination of reduction in maintenance, reduction in Euro delivery discount, elimination of MSDs, significantly higher costs with leasing that has reduced the value in BMW cars. BMW might enjoy a small short term bump in profit, but their US sales are down and eliminating these things will cost them long term customer loyalty. Enjoy your stock value while it's still up!
Appreciate 2