R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
No it isn't. A Miata is. But a GT86 is a hot mess of bad steering, cheap interior and a huge torque dip at 4,500 rpm that Subie and Toyota refuse to address. It also likes to lean itself out under track use because of the Toyota developed dual mode injection.

It should be a great car, but I've extensively driven both versions both before and after LCI and would take an ND Miata over one every time.
LOL - not sure what you are talking about.

BRZ has amazing steering - direct, quick, consistent and just heavy enough.
I have owned BRZ since 2015 and also have 2018 M3 Comp - BRZ has by far the better steering and closest to what the BMW hydraulic setups were just not as heavy.
The interior of the BRZ is great as well - seating position, seats, steering wheel, shifter, leg room, and visibility. There are ZERO sports cars that can match it.

Handling is incredible- it stays flat in turns and at high speeds, there is no lift.
With stock tires - its not setup for max grip, put a decent set and your laptimes will dramatically improve!
Miata is MUCH smaller inside, i personally cant have a normal seating position and im 5‘11. its also more softly sprung and has very loose steering. I‘m not a fan of it.

Last edited by R N M; 05-27-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0