View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 04:06 PM   #722
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Those were just the glue fumes. But seriously, those did have nice steering. The NSX is probably the heaviest thing I've driven with manual steering. With sticky tires, that was a workout to parallel park.
The one I drove, they told me NOT to shut it off when I park it because the car wouldn't start again.

There were 3 Lotus Exige 240S there that day. Out of the 3, only 2 runs. Out of the 2 that runs, one had a fuel leak in the engine bay that ultimately they had to shut down and take out of rotation, and the other one...Well, was what I drove that can't be turned off, otherwise they can't restart it again.

It was funny that they had a fire extinguisher standing by with the other car, just in case the fuel leak got bad enough that the hot engine would ignite the leaking fuel. At that point, shouldn't you just, um, shut the car down and park it? I just thought the fact that they said, "you can either wait until the other Lotus is back from the other journalist test driving it, or you can take this one, but at any point if you smell fuel, pit in ASAP" was a little suspect.

But man...That steering feel. OMG. Holy sh*t.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00