"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSY View Post
Hello everyone, first post here.

I currently have a 2015 750i owner. Having been driving it for 3 years and it is by far the best daily driver I've ever owned.

Now my car is 3.5 years old, I'm at the cross road of buying extended warranty and keep driving or, sell the car and buy the G11 750.

I drove a M760 for about 30 mins. TBH I was not all that impressed. It has insane power but that's not the point for a 7 series for me. I found the G11 has about the same level of comfort and quietness. Back seat position is very high and less comfortable. Interior is much nicer but the F01 still looks beautiful with full individual leather.... Overall I found the new 7 is about incremental changes rather than a huge step up.

I'd like to gather input from people who has owned both and what do you guys think about the G11. How big is the improvement in everyday drive?
Current F01 owner and had a e65 prior. I had HUGE hopes for the G11/G12 after seeing concepts that were pure sex on wheels. But what BMW brought to the market is very "bland and generic" for a "Flagship Sedan".
I realize some will disagree and that is perfectly fine. I spent quality time behind the wheel of the new 7 and here's my take:

Exterior is lost among other cars on the road. It is like an enlarged 3 Series in every aspect. The F0 has better lines and curves and presence, It sits beefier. The G is more flat with subtle lines.

Interior is much nicer in the G but still not competing with S Class! Except for the tablet sticking out of the dash which I still hate and refuse to accept.

Interior quietness is nearly identical. Power advantage goes to G. Handling slight edge to G. Tech, G.

But when I walk up to my car, I want it to visually please me. That is a MUST!
This new gen 7 just doesn't do it.

Let me remind you all of what the concepts teased us with....