06-04-2022, 04:08 PM   #3
Skepta
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsmark View Post
tldr; chromecast+phone hotspot

No idea, but I had similar issue with iphone lightning to hdmi and it turned out to be some kind of hdmi license issue inbuilt in the cable of all places. In any case I got real tired of BMW and their crappy apps/media technology (I wish they would stick to making cars, and outsource the tech to someone who knows how to make it work) so I ended up just using a Google chromecast for the RSE - powered by USB, plugged into HDMI and using the tablet from BMW to cast/stream whatever I want to watch. Hotspot in BMW is not really doing me much good either. First I don't want to pay $$ for 1GB/mo - wtf? second, the non-internet hotspot doesn't work? At least if I change the name it never changes, nor does the key - crappy tech BMW! wtf! I feel like I got a tesla, not a BMW. So I used my phone's hotspot for chromecast and that actually works just fine.
I had like 20 bimmers at least, this g11 is my latest and if they don't improve I'm not sure which brand to move to, some real shitty tech integration and shitty app support (lack thereof). Disappointed and dealers/bmw support doesn't have a f&cking clue about any of this. 1/10 BMW!
I wish you could change the car's simcard because you can only get 1gb a month via hotspotdrive and in reality that's nothing. What apps do you use to cast from the Touch Command tablet to the chromecast?
Appreciate 0