05-27-2019, 06:14 PM   #137
SLF80
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo_spain View Post
Today I've been at the BMW dealer and asked about changing the standard predefined height to a lower/higher value, their reply was that officially it cannot be done, but unofficially they've showed me on another 7 seven series how trick the system to do it.

You have to run the height sensor calibration and carry out the standard procedure but when inputting the measurements you add/substract to these the amount of milimeters you want to lower/raise the car. Say you want to increase the standard height of the rear axle by 10mm, so if the rear left wheel measure is 657mm and rear right wheel measure is 652mm you substract 10mm from these and input into the calibration 647mm & 642mm. This will "trick" the sensors to be believe the car is lower and will raise it :smile I haven't tried it yet though

I have the latest ISTA+ and have carried out a height sensor calibration in my M760 which effectively corrects uneven heights between corners. The method described and shown to me by the dealer using the same ISTA+ on a 2017 G11 worked very well and I'll try it out soon on my car

I am interested in this. Please report back.
Appreciate 0