gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
991.2 GT3 here.

I've driven the S and T in an attempt to persuade myself against the GT3 (failed, obviously) and they're fantastic cars.

I actually think the PEC LA track doesn't do any of these cars justice. It's a somewhat neutered track (by design) and you really can't get the full feel of these cars. With that said, all of the 991 gen 911s are incredible and I would take the T or S over my old M4 in a heartbeat.

Here are my thoughts on your concerns:

Price: Fair, but everything in this world is pay-to-play. I think a CPO S is actually a great deal (heck, even look at a GTS maybe). If you look at CPO prices compared to depreciation in the next 3-4 years of ownership the opportunity cost isn't that bad (yes these cars depreciate but not like a current gen M car, especially if you're smart and just go CPO).

lack of practicality: These cars are plenty practical as long as you don't need to put people in the back seat (small kids and dogs, fine. I put my dog in the GT3 without a problem) and don't need to transport anything larger than a carry-on suitcase.

attention: Meh honestly most 911s don't get a ton of attention but I guess that depends where you live. In California, most 911s won't turn a single head but that's part of the appeal to me (if I was an attention whore I'd be in a lambo).

low front end: Also fair, but just make sure you find a car with the Front Axel Lift option. My GT3 is manageable with the lift (key word is manageable, I still scrape maybe every-other drive, but the lips on these cars are basically disposable). I scraped almost as much in my M4 with full lip. I'd imagine an S or T would be even more manageable.
Front axle lift is a semi rare option, unfortunately. The amount of fitting options cars without the lift shouldn't stop people. Techart offers one that lifts almost twice the height. Finding a TechArt installer or qualified shop is up to the buyer. Their warranted Powerkit in a T would make a great package. Exhaust too...
Time to get deals on the 911's is now.
I would feel comfortable asking for 10% off any of the non GT versions. It might be even more but I'm not up to date on what the stores may have/trunk money.