View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 07:48 AM   #36
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Been to Vegas several times over the years. It doesn't impress me much at all.
I live a half hour from the original City that never sleeps, NYC.
Better restaraunts, great shows including top Broadway, night clubs, countless good bars, variety of professional sports concentrated in a 10 mile area, MSG, unmatched architecture, museums galore and gambling if you know where to go. Not that I go out to gamble, I'm content with occasional poker games with my buddies.

Walking around Vegas seem to see inordinate number of older, fat people with teeth missing, waddling around who seem to scrape up spare dollars all year long to take a weekend to Nevada to give a go to as many all you eat buffets as they can squeeze in and then hit the slots for a chance to hit it rich.
Oh and not to forget the heat. The last time we went there it was 110*, when I stepped out of Luxor about noon I thought my head was going to burst into flames.
Vegas to me is nothing more then a phony, amusement park like conglomeration of attractions to lure in cash. No history, no ambiance and no sincerity. IMO
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
2000cs3496.50