01-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #37
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
I don't smoke and I don't go there to gamble, I have Atlantic City for that. Here's why I go to Vegas:
  • World Class Shows -- every person I've brought to see Absinthe has loved it
  • Best Nightclubs in the U.S. (in fact, it's one of the few thriving Nightclub scenes)
  • Amazing food; legit every world-famous chef has a restaurant here
  • You can have fun just people watching
  • Dayclubs / pool parties are amazing

To your point about it be depressing, I feel that way at some of the lower-tier properties. But, if you stay at the Wynn, Venetian / Palazzo, Aria, Cosmo, or Bellagion, you avoid a lot of that stuff...
Recently went (end of November) and found it interesting. I do agree that the highlights were the food, shows (saw O which was incredible) and people watching lol.

In the same vein, the people watching was a bit sad. I think the day club scene would be a great time but time of year clearly prohibited that. The night club scene was madness, unable to get in anywhere. There's clearly a way to navigate that scene that I just don't know about.

The main thing that irritated me was purely how insanely expensive EVERYTHING was. It got to the point where I just couldn't stomach buying even a bottle of water. I spoke with some locals and they were telling me that prices have skyrocketed in recent years. I think this is a response to the fact people have money to spend. Unfortunately I don't think i'll be going back.
Appreciate 1