Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by razielkain7878 View Post
I was trying the turn signals on the left, no go
Ah...now I connect the “dots”.

If you’ve previously owned BMWs long enough to have to replace a battery...or had a dying battery...one with low voltage can cause lots of electrical gremlins. Hopefully you’ve had a chance to recharge the battery with a long (low amp) charge session (like 10-15 hours at 2amp-4amps using the engine bay jump start terminals).

These cars are heavy electrical users with all the ECUs and components that need to be powered. If the battery voltage drops to below acceptable levels...some non-essential systems get shut down or can go wonky as the car tries to maintain the most important things. It’s kind of like in boxing...if you get hit with a good uppercut to your chin...it can interrupt your synaptic connections and your legs get wobbly and you start seeing stars...then the next thing you know...you’re looking up at the ceiling and referee is counting with his fingers in your face.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0