View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
Martin2C
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
I have set my seat position and stored it in memory position 1. I have activated my driver profile etc. I moved the seat back yesterday to take out the mat for cleaning (beige is hard to keep clean). I locked the car. When I unlocked it today the seat just stayed in the pushed back position. I expected it to move forward as I have the 'Last seat position automatic' box ticked under the driver profile options. This is what it says in the manual:

'When the vehicle is unlocked, the driver's seat and exterior mirrors are adjusted to their last set positions. The last position setting is independent of the positions saved via the seat memory.'

What does that mean? I can't understand it. Surely the seat will already be in it's last set position? Does this mean that it just leaves it where it was? If so what's the purpose of this option? I must be missing something. Basically I just want the seat to return to the position stored in memory when I unlock the car. Is that possible?

Many thanks for any help!
Yes, it leaves it where it was rather than choose one of the positions stored in the memory as it wouldn’t know which one to choose. The purpose of the feature is that it remembers the last position for that key....so if someone else drove the car using the other key and then you unlocked it with yours, it would move it back to your last used position. In this case, ready to remove the mats again!

I move mine back to remove the mats, just one press of the memory button while the door is open puts in back in place.

I’d also suggest getting black mats. I think they work well with the light carpets and will look better than a dirty beige mat.
Appreciate 0