03-24-2016, 05:41 PM   #12
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblack4083 View Post
I have to disagree. My sister purchased a C-class and I feel the interior leaves a lot to be desired. The seats are comfortable and the leather is superior. However, the center stack and center console arent ergonomic, the switched arent either, the nav system is difficult to use, and last but MOST DEFINITELY not least... The shifter being on the steering column kills it for me
^^what he said... except it applies to the S-Class too. Taste is subjective, but my money (literally) is on the G12. I drove the 2016 S-Class (both sedan and coupe) and although fantastic cars in their own right, they just felt odd to me -- and I can't tell you how many times I inadvertently hit the gear selector while steering. Why'd they put it there?! Then I drove the G12 7 Series, and have since ordered one. I prefer the G12's approach to luxury. It's restrained... modern.

But let's face it. There are Merc people and BMW people and neither faction is going to change their minds about which car is best. Not unlike Boeing vs. Airbus / Mac vs. Windows / iPhone vs. Android etc. In the end the competition makes us all winners because the manufacturers have to keep upping their game to compete.

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport
Appreciate 0