View Single Post
      11-15-2016, 01:36 PM   #18
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Such a busy design. To my eyes, it's like each quadrant was designed in isolation. Early 2000s Kia language. It's a real shame. Love or hate the Bangle era- at least his cars seemed like they were penned under one approach (and not by committee, like this gem).

MB and Audi seem able to set their design language from the top (i.e. S-Class, A8/R8). Meanwhile, BMW seems to struggle with it's identity; the 7, with it's mish-mash of design queues taken lower series cars, really drives this home (for me).

Alongside Rolls Royce, seems like offering an M7 and a 750i would satisfy the premium/big-motor market. Who really would buy this M760XLi Performance Edition (did I get that right?) and not an AWD M7 for a marginal premium? Who would seriously consider a standard 7 series for its luxury and be swayed by or care for this half-step performance offering?

Would think that M7 should be aggressive/purposeful, setting the tone for the M6/5/4/3/2; while the 750i should showcase what a well equipped series car can offer (now and in the future).
Appreciate 0