07-14-2019, 08:35 AM   #24
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0211 View Post
In my area, any car that has access to the trunk from the back seats will very likely be broken in to, even when you don't leave anything in plain sight. Doesn't matter what make or how new or old your car is.
Some tips from someone who only recently moved out of one of the most dangerous cities in the States.

- Place any backpacks/valuables in your trunk BEFORE getting to your destination. Do not take anything out from the trunk at your destination, if you know you need something from the trunk, get it before you start driving.
- Contradictory but, do not leave your car TOO clean, they will assume there are things in the trunk, but also do not leave anything valuable in plain sight. I usually have a t-shirt laying in the back seat for this very reason
- Most SUVs have that cover piece to block valuables from being seen in the trunk, do not use it. The more you try to "hide" the more likely they will try to break in
- From friend's experiences and police records from my brother, tints neither prevent or enforce break ins

My friend had a milk tea stamp card stolen from his car in broad daylight on a busy street . Thieves have zero regard for people's belongings, doesn't matter what car it is.
But if you want BMW statistics,
My m3, no / my brother's 335i, no / cousin's x3 m40i, no / cousin's 328i, no / multiple friend's m3s, no / friend's x5m, no / friend's i8 and m235i, no
Be smart and stay safe out there people!
Damn dude, what city was this that you lived in?
I’m starting to think i live in a sweet spot.
Nobody thieves like that around here bc every serious responsible adult with any possessions at all collects guns and is always carrying. , and i mean every adult.

And they cant wait to teach a baddie a lesson.
So yea, these are not any concerns i ever have.

however, there are bums that go pulling on car door handles at early morning hours,
i get reports on my ring app

but its always morons that leave their doors unlocked, and then they cry “break in last night” on the app

and i always grill them about being an airhead, ESPECIALLY when they say “thief got my gun out my glovebox!” then i really give them an education.
but that’s where i live: ppl leave their cars unlocked 24/7 even when a gun is in there (low crime, but also low iQ scores)

but thered be car break in report on the ring app like almost every morning. everybody always coddled the “victims” until i got on there and was like “ hey its your fault, stop posting non-crimes, and good job letting your gun be stolen to be used in a murder that wont be traceable. then tell them to read about tort law.
and i havent had an annoying 7am ring! crime report alarm go off in weeks.
Appreciate 0