AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
Well, I do get your point, but I don't think your point is valid.

First, every telephone carrier in the universe requires you to pay for service such as texts, and service to make calls. This is a poor parallel.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty certain, at least every car that I have owned, that with other cars, (I know Mercedes for certain) that regardless of what service you had on your personal telephone, you could call a company like AT&T and get connected to their Mobile Car Connect department and for $20.00 connect your car to their service and get a mobile hotspot in your car with the car's equipment.

Your comparison is ridiculous given what BMW is requiring you to do for a hotspot. To further my point, I just got a call from BMW and they said they are setting up the other major carriers because they understand the problem, but there is no date in sight.
Agree that BMW missed the mark here. Hopefully they will fix it - as soon as possible. That said, I have never felt the hotspot (even when $20 with my ATT plan) was worth it if all you have are phones that already connect to the Internet. The rear screen may mean more need unless there is a way to allow an exisiting phone to mirror to the screen.
Appreciate 0