View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #435
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

SMFH ///M corporate management boys who have never taking an engine apart in their lives are STILL defending the badge thinking their M is handcrafted in a special ///M plant like a Bugatti, let me be a bearer of bad news it's all off an assembly line in Regensburg and Munich just like any other BMW.

You want to get down to the FACTS people? Let's talk F-in facts, fact is that the N54 which is also in the 1M engine as well as the 335i was BMW's first mainstream turbo engine and baseline for the S55. Both have forged cranks, forged rods, and open aluminum deck and cast pistons making some of the best blocks in the auto market. BMW just advanced the components such as a mechanical pump versus an electronic pump. I've taken apart a E92 M3 and F80 M3 in my buddy's shop: sure better control arms, struts, sway bars and end links, but let me tell you still shit compared to high end after market parts. Shit intercooler, shit crank hub, shit driveshaft on the E92. Shit bushing and mounts. Shit rod bearings. And who's not to say that all these "upgraded" shit components are not in the M340i, with both now having a locking differential and I hear the ZF8 is better than that DCT and going in the 2020 M? Say what to that.

Is an $130,000 M850i that much less quality built than an M8, I f-in doubt it. Do you F80 and F10 M guys pull up to a M850i and say "well that's not an ///M..."

So unless someone here who knows engines, a BMW engineer or certified mechanic gets me a f-ing tech sheet of side-by-side comparisons of all the internals and components of M340i compared to to an F80 S55 everyone needs to STFU as it's all hearsay. NOT one damn person in 20 f-ing pages has broken down the engineering and schematics of these cars just a bunch assumptions i.e. ass out of you and me.
Appreciate 4
quick6750.50
530iDriver1707.50
0xdq36.00