AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
There are some ID8 quirks that I don't like and will have to get used to: In id7 when it starts raining and you want to put your headlights on, it is a quick flick of the rotary headlamp switch. To do that in id8 requires going though a couple of screens -- even though there is a button on the dash for lights, all it does it take you to the lighting menu. Maybe theres a way to get the headlights on with pushes of that button but I haven't found it.
Responding to and revising my own post here: the Lights button on the dash has 3 positions, "Auto", "Low Beams" and "Off". If you're in Auto, which I think is the default, one push turns on the low beams. Sorry for any confusion. I suspect lots of us will take quite a bit of time to work through the use of ID8.
Appreciate 0