07-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #12
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

YES,

this guy is the mutts, this was why I'm worried about apple

I'm windows through and through, but I am so pissed at the newer improved software which messes up what we know

and WHY can I not stop updates and drivers and forced to take them, MS trashed a dell HD with a KB, which was known to BSOD after install, FPOS
true my HD was a bit wonkly, but and KB which gives you a BSOD and forces you to hard power is not good

ealso

why the shit does windows rearrage my icons in explorer, just because it wants to do it, it's own way and not my way.

God I hate the new windows 10 build, the old one had hacks, win7 best OS ever, well not withstanding win3.11 for workgroups LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
If you want to get a broad overview of design flaws in Apple products along with the issues associated with repairing an Apple product, you should take a look at Louis Rossman's channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

There will be the naysayers that will poo poo what Louis has been putting out there as just anti Apple propaganda. But if you really watch his videos, all of his criticisms are founded in fact and he even shows you what the issues are with actual repairs he does on customer's laptops....all unedited and from his live stream. He also goes into what Apple has been doing to make it harder for independent repair shops to fix laptops which would only be a couple hundred dollars versus the thousand that the Genius bar would tell you it would be.

To be fair, other manufacturers are doing restricted supply chain practices and are moving towards system parts registration (which means if say a battery or screen is not programmed to the system it is being installed either some or all functionality is lost).
Appreciate 0