United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf84 View Post
Dear Scott,

I'm a bit disappointed about the weight loss. I will wait with a verdict till release of the car and to the first test drives. I expected seriously more carbon in the "core" of the car, not just some add on a B-pillar. Is it really structural besides the roof racks? You said that it would be hard for any other car maker to keep up but this is not hard to accomplish for others. BMW is losing grip on the situation.

Another thing is, why is it that it takes so long for BMW to introduce new models? Mercedes is bringing AMG models at the same time the Base model is introduced.

Is there a strategy to expand BMW by buying another brand (like Aston Martin, Lotus, McLaren they really fit BMW perfectly) in the top segment? I understand that if there is something going on that you can't tell but is there no talk at all? Volvo would have been a perfect brand to own. Use the same platform, BMW on the sporty side and Volvo more the family side. Share engines and other components. Now look how well Volvo is doing with the Chinees, that could have been BMW. Very nice designs, very good interior quality en designs and even engines which low emissions!

Sorry if it looks like complaining but I only want to see BMW stay on top. And with brand extention it's more easy te keep each brand focused on there own mission. BMW can turn things in gold, look at MINI and Rolls Royce. VW has the guts to do it, so can BMW.

I like you
Appreciate 0