View Single Post
      10-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Camaro SS 1LE - I think I'm on my way out...

I know, don't let the door close behind me:

Probably going to order a Camaro 2SS 1LE later this week. Originally, the 1LE was only available with the 1SS and it had a much worse interior, no heated seats, no blind-spot detection (nice to have in that car), no sunroof option to make it seem more open inside, cheaper radio, and so on. The 1SS is definitely a monster, but the 2SS adds some creature comforts that are somewhat expected on cars these days.

Going to replace the BMW. Overall, it just never really lived up to what I wanted, especially in stock form. It wasn't that I was looking for a lot of power, if that was the case I wouldn't have gotten it, but I was expecting the suspension to be better, the steering, the brakes, and so on. Miles are low and it's in immaculate condition, so I can probably get some decent money for it. Mainly, it's just not the "ultimate driving machine" or exciting to drive. I want that back and I want to be able to row through the gears, which is exactly what the 2SS 1LE will be. Since I owned the previous generation 2SS, I'm fairly familiar with how it is. The performance on that with just a couple suspension mods was such that I simply didn't care what anyone else was driving. Fun to unleash from time to time, but creates more of feeling that I don't need to do that too.

I've spent some time in GT350s and others in the last few weeks, just getting a feel for things. I don't think anything comes close to the 1LE package for outright fun, and I have a 2nd more practical SUV for everything else.