View Single Post
      01-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #51
backhill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 2015 Sierra HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As typical of GM, corporate always gets in the way of logic.

Rebadging an ancient vehicle from abroad and passing it off as a new car was lame. It's the same reason why the entire Buick line sucks, they're all a bunch of badge engineered variants of Opels and Chevys. The SS looked plain, had a crap interior, crap electronics, and GM's famous crap reliability. It just goes to show how stupid GM's management continues to be by allowing such a product to reach the market. While I don't think the Kia Stinger will be a hot seller either, I admire Kia for actually putting effort into their RWD sport sedan. It looks great, the interior seems nice for what it is, and the electronics will be modern.

I can't think of many desirable vehicles from GM.

Famous crap reliability? Uh ... what? GM is known for having the most solid powertrains with great durability and longevity.
Interiors I give you. They have a long way from other competitors in the market.
Electronics have caught up with apps in the infotainment systems and they were first to market in 2016 with Apple CarPlay (along with Android)

http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...lity-study-iqs

What the aforementioned article from JD Power doesn't mention, is that GM also lead the way with the most models with highest initial quality the previous two years in 2014 and 2015.

Quote:
General Motors receives seven model-level awards, followed by Toyota Motor Corporation with six and Hyundai Motor Company and Volkswagen AG, each with four.

General Motors models that rank highest in their respective segments are the Buick Cascada; Chevrolet Equinox; Chevrolet Silverado HD; Chevrolet Silverado LD; Chevrolet Spark; Chevrolet Tahoe; and GMC Terrain.

Toyota Motor Corporation models that rank highest in their segment are the Lexus CT; Lexus GS; Scion tC; Toyota Camry; Toyota Corolla; and Toyota Highlander.

Hyundai Motor Company models that rank highest in their segment are the Hyundai Accent; Hyundai Azera; Kia Soul; and Kia Sportage.

Volkswagen AG models that rank highest in their segment are the Audi Q3, Audi TT, Porsche Macan and Porsche 911.

I agree that they don't have many desirables to us and our niche segment of V8, 6MT RWD sedan lovers, but have you seen the Buick LaCrosse and sat in that thing? Great 5/7 series competitor at a fraction. Color me impressed. The Avista/Avenir concept is supposed to come to fruition as well and share a platform with the CT6.
Appreciate 0