07-16-2017, 10:39 AM   #44
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
I'm not so sure, I think the EV/battery technology is a long way off, lets talk about transport trucks and buses for example, the batteries that would be required to move that much weight and have the range needed aren't going to be around in 10 years (to my way of thinking anyway).

Also, this isn't a 1979 Pinto forum, it's a luxury car forum, the folks on here can afford to entertain the idea of buying a new car every couple of years. Have a look around, theres lots of folks out there who can't afford a new car, ever. So with manufactures still producing lots of ICE, those are the cars that will be being purchased used in the next 2-15 years, so the production would almost have to stop now to illuminate them in the next decade.
Come on Man, you had to go to "this isn't a 1979 Pinto forum"? I owned 4 Pintos, either a '72 or '73 (the '79s sucked). They were a decent car for the day.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
RABAUKE4658.00