AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
I've had both the comfort seat and the M multi function seat in F10 5 series, the latter being a more heavily bolstered version of the comfort seat for the M5, I'd say the new comfort seats fitted to the G generation of cars are not as big or as deeply bolster or as firm as the previous F generation, almost like an accountant was set to work to shave the pennies here and there.

Perfectly acceptable but they don't have the wow factor of the old seats.
I do not agree with this, having had two F10s before my current G12. The G12 seats are npticeably better than the F10 seats IMHO. In fact, one of the most impressive things about my G12 test drive (a few months before mine was delivered) was the seat comfort, which was immediately apparent. This is entirely subjective of course, and I did not have massage in either of the F10s. The G12 seat comfort has been repeatedly confimed in the two years+ that I've had mine. Comfort was impeccable on a 2300 mile round trip NY to Florida last year (no seat issues for either me or my wife) as well as two trips NY-Massachusetts, and many other trips of several hour duration.
Appreciate 0