View Single Post
      08-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #61
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
This is one of those topics that just doesn't have a really good answer. I am with the OP that a 100K car with 26K miles should not be a constant worry or eating up your wallet. On the other hand there is a trade-off when looking at reliability versus technology versus performance. Always has been, always will be. Truth be told, BMW doesn't need to do a dang thing. This is working EXACTLY as they want it to. They make these cars last for 3-4 years and they include all of the typical maintenance items during that period whether its leased or financed or purchased outright. The car doesn't know what financial vehicle was used to acquire it. BMW, Mercedes, Audi could all make these cars last longer if it was costing them business. Simply put, it's NOT. Once that happens on a large scale they will change their model. You know this, we all know this and we still keep buying them because the stir the sole the way an Infiniti or Lexus doesn't. I have had three LS400's and I like them. I have had several M5's and one Alpina B7 and I LOVE it. That's the driver here. Not the cost, not the reliability, not the fanboy syndrome or hood ornament chasing. I love the way the car makes me feel. I can admit it.
You said it correctly, it heat that kills. I understand new technology fails but so far I've had all mechanical stuff fail. My first BMW and I've learned a lot. I've dropped $3K on an extended warranty and I never buy extended warranty but something tells me I'm going to win this one.

Once I can get out of this car (3-4yrs) my plan is to never own one of these ever again. I will lease it and beat the bejusus out of it and return in! I'm also looking at Benz and Porsche and shying away from BMW. Everyone I know with BMW has issues, everyone I know with Benz or No issues.

I love the ride- smooth and quit. But I have to be able to trust it..
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00