View Single Post
      07-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #847
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I live in a weird area that has about 20 lots with monumental yards for the location, try 80 X 375, 10 miles from downtown ...... these are HUGE urban yards. Mine is 65 x 125 for reference. So, i wanted to get into one of those mega lots, i just like space and was prepared to build a small house on it, say 2400 sq ft to save a few dollars.

But man, a lot that size you gotta landscape and the taxes are more than DOUBLE my house. Just made no sense but I still cringe every time i open my front door, i know what i want.
Honestly I didn't even know they had lots that big in Toronto anymore - that's pretty close to 3/4 of an acre! Would have guessed that would have been subdivided into two at least by now lol.

I'm like you though - I like space and I like the idea of land. I don't even know what to do with it, I just know I want it lol.

Our lot is about 160 x 600 right now, and I was really trying to get the wife on board with purchasing the adjoining parcel that partially backs onto our section (but extends much wider) which was 55 acres, but they wanted $1.1M for it and we just couldn't do it. Someone else bought it now, but to this day, I think it is going to be something I regret not purchasing. I truly believe in 10 years or so I could have got approvals to change the zoning and develop in there and make a killing. Which is probably what the current owner is planning.

Just emailed a realtor though about another parcel of land that is apparently 20 acres, but surrounded by industrial, want to know a little more about it and might take a spin out to see it. Might be a land banking opportunity depending on the area, but it is a good 20 minutes away from me so I don't really know the area.
Appreciate 0