United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Smart Home Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
I have to say the Loxone lack of "retrofit" capability even on pre-wired new construction is a serious downside. Basically, your system is only suitable for builders prepared to integrate it during the build, so your target market is really builders and architects, not end users.
First, end users are often the people hiring the architects. They're definitely not mutually exclusive.

Also the design-build category is a strong vertical for Loxone. Anyone serious about energy efficiency also is driven to Loxone partially because no one else really is even trying.

The other value add Loxone delivers that is very relevant in my area of responsibility (NY-Metro), is the DIN rail chassis takes up literally zero floor space. Everyone else essentially demands 2 sq ft for a rack. Around here, this is very real.

Loxone simply isn't a great retrofit solution for typical situations right now. Stay tuned. I have proven Loxone can work in some situations by designing a really cool Manhattan apartment solution that is completely retrofit, but admittedly it isn't relate-able to a typical single family home.