Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Last time I checked the sun is on a pretty accurate schedule.

How about tell us how you use Loxone everyday? What features do you find new and unique in your own system?
Last time I checked the sun's schedule and angle in the sky changed daily.

I don't use Loxone - I don't have anything (yet). I'm just trying to show where it has smarts that other systems done as requested.
Your missing the point. The sun has an accurate and predictable schedule. Sure it may rise 750 am, then 751 am the next day but it is on schedule and predictable. Never heard a weather guy say, the sun was late today! Its schedule is not difficult to program and as mentioned is available outside of Loxone.
What you're missing is a Loxone system knows the orientation of each individual shade roller in relation to North. Using this unique piece of data, along with data other systems utilize (like longitude+latitude of the home) provides a capability to have each individual roller autonomously block the sun in a way no other system can... at least without somebody building this functionality from scratch. Further, in a Loxone home the shades gain knowledge of occupancy and can adjust themselves accordingly. An example is to achieve fabric protection by leaving the shades lowered if the sun is shining into the room and nobody is in it.

As mentioned in this thread... Control systems can almost do anything you heart desires, IF you're willing to pay someone to build the programming from scratch. Loxone provides a turn key solution that often requires only marking a checkbox if you want to enable or disable a function. Again, this is just one example of Loxone's clear superiority in regards to controlling the critical systems in a home.

To be fair, this superiority flips to favor the popular control systems when we discuss third party control of AV devices. Loxone can do it but your programmer would be building these interfaces himself. Additionally Loxone has no interest in making an AV-style programmable remote so that would be another example of why I'd probably just add a small RTi or URC setup for my AV control and have the two systems communicate with each other as needed.

No one tool is best for every application, but if we talk strictly about system intelligence/logic Loxone is clearly superior. No question.
The blinds example is certainly interesting though somewhat of a novelty. I personally wouldn't be willing to accept the tradeoffs for that or to have a bit more granular hvac control. How long has Loxone been in the US market and how many systems have been installed? Not many dealers around.
Appreciate 0