05-08-2023, 12:29 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Tavares is not a leader. Never did shit with the Islanders, does nothing now. With that (and hard to say this) - Marner and Matthews don't have another 'level' like other players. If the play comes easy for them, great...but don't expect them to work for it.

That said, I thought ROR would inject something into these folks...his play, and play of a few others, can't overcome.
Ya, Johnny T is a nice guy and all but not a leader, at least not for a hockey team. Need someone way more gritty and vocal and passionate. Dubas was a fool because he wanted to start his GM tenure w a 'sexy' major signing and went for him instead of a stud dman. Ofc, that contract set the tone for the other 'core' players and killed the cap space. Matthews is trying but obviously still not to his potential. I dunno about players like Marner and Nylander. ROR is unfortunately just one man, no matter his creds.

No heart, esp in OT, it was incredible how lousy they played in a sudden-death period being down 0-2 in games. They don't deserve it at all. The scores are not indicative of how badly they played vs the Cats. I hope they get blown out in G4 and heads start rolling in the Leafs org.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0