View Single Post
      12-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #58
Desking101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I got around $20k after my 991.2 911 was involved in an accident with $42k worth of damage (high end bodyshop). The car had a wholesale book value around $93k at the time I believe, so it was a substantial %. I had to fight a little bit with the insurance company, but since the accident was clearly their policyholder's fault (I made him admit fault on video) and accidents greatly diminish the value of 911s, all I had to do was send them over comps and auction values and they came back with a good offer. I also got about $3500 for loss of use since the car was in the shop for almost 6 months. I'm sure they were not pleased with their policyholder since he ran into my car with a $15k Dodge Charger and was dumb enough to admit 100% fault on video, and cost them about $65k on a car that wasn't even totaled.

I did not pay a dime for any third party services. I did this all on my own, although I do have access to a few resources the average person does not

Last edited by Desking101; 12-06-2022 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: corrected book value at the time of claim
Appreciate 2