Thread: Comfort Plus
View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

Hi,

The ride in the A8L was wallowy in Comfort mode, and harsh in Sport mode, whereas the 7er is controlled and “plush” in comfort/comfort+ modes, and still controlled but not harsh in Sport modes.

I have not played around with the individual settings yet to see if I can mix and match, as in Sport modes it drops down a gear to give the sporty response, and to be honest that is not what I want, so leave in Comfort+.

I had three A8’s on the bounce, and the 7er beats them all hands down, as A8’s also suffer with lots of road noise, no matter what tyre you use.

Over the 3 A8’s I ran with numerous tyre brands to try and improve this, and whilst the last set of Goodyear Eagle F1 SCT (with the foam inserts) were the best, the road noise was still greater than my 7er with Bridgestone runflats.

You really need to try a 7er, an S Class and a D5 A8L to see what works best for you, as the problem with most car reviews of these, especially in the UK, is from the rear seat perspective, rather than from that of the driver.

Most reviews put the S class on top for comfort, but again that is from the rear seat, however a recent UK review I saw put the 7er top from a drivers viewpoint.

Thanks
Mark