04-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
DMAX745i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E65, F01, F01, now G12

REMOVING AND SEPARATING GRILLS
See photos below

I will number steps according to order of the photos.

1- Simply place a flat head screw driver in the three circled holes and press gently. Not too much as you dont want to break the clips. Work your war around the grill and pull gently and it will slide forward. Driver and passenger side come out the same way.
****NIGHT DRIVE CAMERA****
Of your car is equipped with night vision camera, please understand that its mounted in the drivers side grill. This grill is much more difficult to get out as the camera housing is slightly larger than the opening due to motorized grill vents.
**option 1, you will have to pull harder on this one, thought i was going to break something but then it just popped out nicely. This is how i got mine out.
**option2, let motor run until vents on front grill open up, leaving more room for grill to slide out. I reinstalled my grill using option 2 after it gave me trouble to reinstall way #1

2- ****This ONLY APPLIES to cars with night vision camera.
I recommend not to trouble the camera or lines attached. Up to you if you want to remove but so you know, the chrome bezel is removable which i will explain in the following steps. Improper disconnection could result in needing to recalibrate the camera.

3 & 4- there are a few locking tabs which pop out very easily with a SMALL flathead screw driver or pointy tool. Again, be gentle to not break these clips.

5 & 6- these are hinge clips. They were the tightest ones to get out but they eventually gave in.

7 & 8- These were actually the first tabs i popped out bus as i was working on other tabs, some of them popped back in so i put in as the last step.

9,10 & 11- VOILA. Grill is separated and ready to be wrapped. You can wrap either just the chrome piece or wrap the the inner slats too. I went with the 2 tone grill. Just my preference. Dont want it overly done.
Attached Images