View Single Post
      01-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #5
RaptorStrike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszWegrzyn View Post
You will be able to order a key only for your car's vin, which automatically disqualifies the idea because you will not receive a key with the parking option because it is not assigned to your vin. There would have to be some kind of a shaft to order a key for another model with this equipment, but re-encoding the key at the present moment is impossible and there are no people who have broken the key protection.

BTW, I have some experience in ordering a DisplayKey because I dropped my key and the display broke, the cost of a new key is 650€ with parking function.

- The coding procedure is that we open the car with any working key assigned to our car.
- We leave with the key assigned to the distance so that the contact of the old key with our car is not possible and it does not interfere with the contact of the new key with our car
- We go back to our open car with our new key and touch it to the steering column in the side where the key symbol is
- Keeping the key to the steering column touched in this way, press and hold the engine start button by 15-20 sec
- We receive confirmation of the new key coding on the display in our car / That's it

The prices of the keys are different depending on the honesty of the dealers, I checked three different dealers ...

- First, valued a key exchange at 1,805€ (because he wanted to replace the body domain controller unit in my car and the coding costs + new DisplayKey)
- Second, he estimated the cost of the key at 750€ including encoding
- Third, checked my documents and car documents, he collected 650€ and after 2 days he handed over a new key with the coding procedure.

Some people think that if a man drives a 7 series, he shits money twice a day ...
I'd be happy shitting money once a week!
Appreciate 0