01-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #19
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markr View Post
Does seem strange. Does the suspension rise and fall correctly?

Was it ok from new, bad from day 1 or did it happen suddenly etc.

Not saying it is this, but with my last Jag, also with air suspension, a stone got caught in the suspension (we have a gravel driveway and must have flung up and got caught), and that caused me all sorts of issues with both ride quality and crashing. I had to jack that wheel up to let the suspension extend in order to get the stone out in order to restore bliss.

If under warranty, might be worth a chat with local dealers service manager, as if any good, will either know, or will have access to TSB’s for similar issues that BMW have seen.
Thanks for the reply Mark, it's very strange as the car rides very smoothly until it doesn't, what I mean is on a smooth dual carriageway it's fine soft and fluffy but as you know our roads are often full of patchwork repairs, ridges, sunken drains, small potholes and the car just falls apart when it encounters them the wheels just bang up and down with no control and the impact just thumps and crashes through into the cabin, both physically and aurally.

The car has had a once over at my BMW dealer and a KDS alignment so they have had a good look at it and given it a clean bill of health.

My car history is 5 M cars in a row with a few 5 series as well and I've never had a car that felt as loose and uncontrolled when dealing with small sharp ridges and pock marks.

I find myself almost weaving down the road looking for every little issue on the road I've never had these issues in M cars hence my query around the RFT.

My dealer has a few used 7s in so I think I might ask a favour and also get one of the techs to come out with me and get a second opinion.