View Single Post
      09-10-2018, 06:32 AM   #9
Bigladuk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Pro & iX40 M Sport

Update

Over the past few days I've been preparing to replace my "Advanced" Eye 1.0 ( not sure where the word advanced has come from ) with the ThinkWare F800 Pro......I thought this would be a simple swop out the connections are the same ( the main reason I choose this camera )

The good
The Power Cable fits and works the same as the original one that came with the F800
There is plenty of slack on the cable BMW installed to sight my camera where I wanted to out it
The Cable that goes to the external GPS unit was easy to remove as was the GPS unit
The bad
Although the USB cable that runs the length of the car to rear camera has a Micro USB end at the front ( so plugged straight in ) the connector at the rear is Mini USB ( it's not 1980 for god sake ) so I wasn't able to connect in my rear camera so I now need to remove the cable from inside the panels and replace it with the one Thinkware supplied

I'm not comfortable removing the lower internal panels of the car so am taking it slow and might just ask BMW to it for me but will report back

The 800 Pro on the other hand is very good, stays live all the time even when the car is locked and records events no problem, it has software to sense if the battery is running low and will switch off if it is. Also works really reliably for Speed Camera notifications

If anyone knows how remove lower panels inside the car from back to front I'd appreciate your assistance

Si
Appreciate 0