08-18-2022, 10:17 AM   #29
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post
True on that front regarding the people who have private chefs, for the most part. I know a guy who hires private chefs, and he has a Maybach; so maybe the people who have them full time on the payroll are the next level up.

But just because a Taycan costs as much as or more than a 7, doesn’t mean it’s the same kind of car.

The 7 is aiming for imposing stateliness, the Taycan is aiming for elegant aggression.

I’m really surprised you were seriously cross-shopping or considering both of those cars, and if you were, it was the design language that made your decision, not the 1,000 other ways in which they’re completely different vehicles with different mission statements.
I was not cross shopping them, although on paper they are similar, 4 door BEV, 400-600hp. My point was that people in the US, who are extremely wealthy aren't buying 7 Series, they (and the Taycan) are easily obtainable to upper middle class earners, and most of us don't have a show kitchen and a working kitchen in our homes.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0